Dioscorea (Testudinaria) elephantipes is a nice caudex plant. It will develop a caudex which seems to resemble an elephant foot. The caudex can get extremely large over time.
Do not overwater Dioscorea elephantipes plants because the caudex is sensitive to rot.. The plant requires a gritty soil mix but not too mineral in composition. It requeris some nutrition in the soil.
Keep Dioscorea elephantipes warm in summer and water when leaves and stems are growing. Do not water in winter at a temperature around 5-10 °C.
|Common name||Elephant Foot|
By 3g Great germination rate ,
- It took for 3 months for their germination.
But it was 100% germination rate!!!
I was so happy.
By Timo Good seeds ,
- Germinated really fast very happy :)
By Guang 种子很好 ,
- i'm chinese .. and english is pool .so i want wirte some words in chinese.. 中国还没听说哪里会产这个种子，所以通常都在国外买。种子不错还挺饱满的
By Rina Very cheap rare seeds ,
- The price of Dioscorea Elephantipes seeds is very cheap, which these plants including rare and hard to find plants. How lucky can buy Dioscorea Elephantipes seeds in CactusPlaza.com with low price but still qualified :)
By Erik Seeds are doing great ,
- I Bought 100 of these seeds in 2009 and they are doing great! I am going to purchase again!